- If velocity of flow at any given time does not change with respect to distance.
- If velocity of flow at any given time changes with respect to distance.
- The Flow in which characterisitics of fluid like velocity, pressure, density etc. at a point, do not change with time is called steady flow
- If velocity, pressure and density changes with time then flow is unsteady.
- If the fluid particles flowing along stream lines, also rotate about their own axis, then flow is rotational.
- If Fluid particles do not rotate about their own axis, then flow is irrotational.
- The flow in which the adjacent layesrs do not cross each other and move along well defined paths.
- The flow in which adjacent layers cross each other and do not move along well defined path.
- If density of the fluid varies from point to point then fluid flow is compressible flow
ρ ≠ constant
- If density of fluid remains constant in the fluid flow then it is incompressible flow
ρ = constant